Whabouchi mining project: Amendments to certificate of authorization and follow-up reports
Step in the procedure
Certificate of authorization issued on September 8, 2015
For more information on the environmental and social impact assessment for this project, please visit : https://comexqc.ca/en/fiches-de-projet/projet-whabouchi-developpement-exploitation-dun-gisement-spodumene-territoire-baie-james/.
Information on the projet
Since the delivery of the certificate of authorization, five amendments have been issued:
- Amendment of July 27 2016 (MODCA1) : Training and statement of condition
- Amendment of May 26 2017 (MODCA2) : Atmospheric modeling
- Amendment of May 31 2017 (MODCA3) : Exploitation of three borrow pits (BB-05, BB-06 and BB-07) of less than three hectares
- Amendment of April 26 2018 (MODCA4) : Relocation of the final effluent
- Amendment of May 29 2018 (MODCA5) : Modification of the holder
- Amendment of December 20, 2018 (MODCA6) : Relocation of the temporary construction camp on the mine site
- Amendment ongoing analysis (MODCA7) : Wetland compensation plan
For more information on this project, please visit: http://www.nemaskalithium.com/fr/developpement-responsable/documents-et-liens/.
Details on location
The Whabouchi mining project is located 30 km east of the Cree community of Nemaska and 280 km north of the municipality of Chibougamau. It is located on the territory of the Eeyou Istchee James Bay Regional Government and is accessible via the Route du Nord.
Some of the information on this website may have been supplied by external sources. The Review Committee assumes no responsibility for the accuracy, timeliness or reliability of information supplied by external sources. Users wishing to rely on this information should consult directly with the appropriate source.